IT Academy 2014
The seventh IT Academy took place from May 18 to May 23, 2014 at the Hotel Esplanade & Spa in Locarno, Switzerland. The following topics were part of the May program: Business Process Redesign, Risk Management, Business Portfolio Management, Organizational Excellence, Digital Transformation, Google Story @ HOLCIM, Value Management, Special solutions for special Industries (HP), Finance for IT Managers, Leadership / People Management, CIO versus IT Management, Key success factors as CIO, The Financial Crisis & Financial Markets, How to distinguish a Lemon from a Billion Dollar Start-up.
In addition to the practical presentations held by the CIOs, the highly interactive case studies, the leadership styles and the team event were all rated very good. During the CIO Roundtable, CIOs discussed trends and challenges, and they presented an outlook on new developments from their respective industries.
The one week training course provides an excellent platform for networking and relationship building among the participants who came from eleven different companies and from a diverse range of nationalities.
- Dr. Markus Gisler, University of Lucerne, Switzerland
- Prof. Dr. Jan vom Brocke, Business Process Management at University of Lichtenstein
- Lucas F. Kuttler, Managing Director Asvito AG
- Martin Petry, CIO Hilti
- Andreas Spiess, Arumba Consulting
- Martin Studer, Group CIO Omya
- Armin Meier, Managing Director Boyden
- Claus Norup, Managing Director – Head Security IT UBS
- Prof. Dr. Silvio Borner, WWZ at University of Basel
- Volker Laska, CIO Clariant
- Khushnud Irani, CIO Holcim
- Craig Schmied, Head of Public Safety HP
- Daniel Gutenberg, Entrepreneur VI Partners